January 24, 2012

Product Review: Sally Hansen Complete Manicure

Last week, I was reading through More magazine and came across their All-New Beauty Breakthroughs listing the Sally Hansen Complete Manicure as one of them. Lately, I shy away from manicures, and painting my nails in general, because they ALWAYS, always, always chip within hours of application. So, it's not worth my money nor my time. But I do love a good polish for a special occasion so I decided to give ole Sally a try.

Commander in Chic is my favorite color (not shown) click here to see it 
Consensus: Ride Sally, ride. Never will I ever pay for a manicure again. Unless Mr. NonMomJeans decides to get me a mani/pedi/spa day gift at Red Door, then I'll gladly make an exception. Not only are there many different, hip colors to choose from, but the polish goes on nice and thick - a common complaint I have with cheaper nail polishes. After painting my nails on Saturday morning, here it is Tuesday night and I have one tiny chip ... that's just unheard of with me. I'm very hard on my hands. To this point, many people I know are switching to gel manicures which last a whopping 2 weeks, that's great and all but I can guarantee you that they don't cost $7. And that, my friends, is Sally's biggest selling point of all.

More Magazine Disclaimer: In our family (read: my Mom and Grandmother) we go through a lot of magazines and save them for each other when we are done with them. Despite the obvious age demographic discrepancy of the magazine, I love reading it and have gleaned a lot of good, useful information ... including that in this post. 

No comments: