March 10, 2015

Spring Break - Day One

Apparently, we need more excitement. It's Spring Break down here. Because of course it is. Why wouldn't it be?!? It's not even spring; and we certainly aren't ready for a break. 



Day One
Since it was a rainy day, I thought the perfect indoor, free activity would be the Dallas Museum of Art. The kids were so excited. We were loaded up and ready to go, I plugged the address into Waze and notice the word Closed somewhere. Digging deeper at a stop light on the way ... of course. It's closed on Mondays. I don't blame them. If I were a store or establishment, I would be closed on Mondays too. Turning our frowns upside down, we went to Bed, Bath & Beyond instead. Which they were equally excited about aaahhhh childhood manipulation/innocence. 

We followed that up with a trip to Sweet Frog so that the kids can learn at a young age the following equation:

 rain = eating your feelings

You would think, three kids in, that I would have learned the valuable lesson Look Up Hours of Operation Before Loading Up. But, I guess it's true, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. 

So, guess what we're doing today ... 



 

No comments: