February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

In honor of the Super Bowl, today February 1, 2009, I thought I would give you a little insight into the Top 10 things I know about this fine sport. First, the Washington Redskins are from Washington, D.C. Not Washington state. This may seem obvious but I thought they were from Wash. State until sometime in middle school. Second, football is Americana. Just like hot dogs and apple pie. And apparently an obscene amount of commercial breaks. Third, football games will never be "To Be Continued..." Thank gawd! Fourth, Virginia doesn't have a pro football team. Wait a second. We don't have any pro teams. Hogwash. Fifth, my Mom just dropped a bunch of hangers and I'm going to continue to write this blog about football. Sixth, football players are manly men however, they have quite taken to grabbing each others nether regions. Don't call them gay though. Or they will shoot themselves in the foot. Seventh, never let a football player around a gun. Eighth, the Detroit Lions should relocate if they ever want to have a shot at a good football team. Or. Recruit Eminem. Don't argue with me. They suck. They can't be picky. Ninth, the yellow line on the football field is not real. I don't know enough about football to tell you the name of this line. But it's a yellow one that doesn't exist when you are there in person. Tenth, an episode of The Office should follow every football game.

2 comments:

TreeModelInc said...

Angela? Where are you? Oh... I didn't see you behind that grain of rice.

LeahBear said...

At least you know more than Mr. Bear. He didn't know the Redskins were from DC until he was well into his 30's.