May 3, 2015

I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles

Lately, I've gotten back into running. The biggest reason being that my cousin and I are planning on doing a 1/2 marathon together either this Summer or Fall. The second biggest reason is so I don't take up day drinking during the week.

Either from running or from all the concrete everywhere, since moving to Texas, my feet hurt so bad! I feel like they feel like carpel tunnel feels like. Or like The Empress from Never Ending Story:
Perfect facial representation of my feet.
You would think that since I'm so charming and really good at not too many things except keeping my kids alive, that my husband would come home from work and be all:
Hey! Let me rub your feet. You did so much work carrying these babies for 9 months and today you were walking around the house trying to hide from the kids. So, you should take a load off. Hey. Take a vacation even. Alllll by yourself. In a closet with a lock for a week. 
I DIGRESS. Long story short - I really enjoy margaritas so run I must, despite feet.

I've noticed recently on my runs that music playing is a must. In the past, I've always enjoyed not running to music because I have the longest stream of consciousness running through my mind at all times. I am never lacking for anxiety or entertainment. Now, since Google Music exists, I love to have that play through my phone during my runs. It makes my stream of consciousness shut the f**k up for like 30 minutes so I can actually enjoy myself. 

But Angela what about your high maintenance ears? Well, since my ears are either so effing small or very sensitive, I cannot wear ear buds. They make my equilibrium all off, I feel like I have the flu, I feel like my ears itch, I feel like there's a bug in my ear, they feel infected instantly, they keep popping out all the time. I know. Add it to the list, right? What does this MEAN?!? It means that I play my music through my phone speaker, which then means that I sometimes have to turn down FOR WHAT my music selection. But you're a mom. I thought you like to run to classical and opera music? OMG. Stop it.

My running music goes like this in no particular order because that would be like picking a favorite child
Outkast 
Lil John
Pit bull
Three 6 Mafia
T.I.
Jay Z 
DMX 
Eminem 
Dre
Luda
Rihanna
So. Not really family friendly. But SO GOOD for making you run faster so you can get home and hop in your drop top and cruise with your shawty all laid back with your mindonyourmoneyandyourmoneyonyourmind ... amiright!?!?! 

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS, I shave about 30 seconds off my time with this gem of a playlist. I guess when you find what speaks to you it motivates you. So, haters remember:

You can take the baby outta the girl, but you cannot take the gangster rap outta of the GURL.

Ever? Forever, ever.

No comments: