July 22, 2008

Random Happenings

I'm not a big fan of food that requires an excessive amount of chewing. I find it to be so boring and tiresome. This could be part of the reason why I'm not a big fan of pork chops, steak, Dots and Sugar Daddy's. Sadly, this is the main reason why I will NOT, ever, eat beef & broccoli at a Chinese restaurant. The beef is always like rubber! So, I tend to stick to chicken quite a bit more. I like pork, especially a nice pork tenderloin, or pulled pork (yummmmm BBQ!), but pork chops are ALWAYS tough. My brother MBD, just completed a week-long film camp at the Central Virginia Film Institute. He got to be the director of a movie that was showcased at the end of the week to the family and friends of the kids who attended the camp. He was totally in his element and I'm so super proud of him. He's so talented. It's amazing to see your siblings grow up and develop such wonderful gifts. He's also a PHENOMENAL chef; so, be it directing movies or being a chef... He'll be creating masterpieces, either way. My other brother JCD, had jaw surgery recently. He gets his mouth un-"wired" on Tuesday of next week! He's so excited. As we all are. Just in time for vacation too! How's that for timing. He's been through a lot this past year and he's handled it all remarkably well. CWG, one of my most dearest and bestest friends, has the most wonderful family. Bean and I has the pleasure of meeting them this past Saturday. They are so fun, and nice, and have great accents! He and his family are from the Mid West. It's always a joy to meet your friend's families and hear about their childhood, and see who they look like the most. His Dad in this case. It was a fun-filled day... Bean and I also had the joy of seeing SJ's new non-bachelor pad. He has a great view of Arlington/Clarendon and even DC! He's on the 16th floor, so it was kinda disorienting to look over the balcony. He has a tomato plant out there, that looks like if it could talk it'd say, "I'm so hot! And suuuuuper thirsty." But, that's what the tomato plant gets for being in an apartment. Lastly, Bean is walking almost 100% of the time now. He's so good at it! It's crazy. Time has gone by much too quickly. My favorite is when I go to pick him up at day care, I run to him with my arms open wide, and he toddles over to me as quickly as his little legs will take him, throws his chubby little arms around my neck, and gives me a big ol' wet kiss right on the nose. That makes my YEAR, right there.

2 comments:

LeahBear said...

ooooh, Beeeeaaaan! I can't wait to see him again!

also... i kinda thought you had the most wonderful family. :)

TreeModelInc said...

That plant (Junior as we call him) gets one carafe of H20 per day. He needs some performance enhancers though. Paaaarty!