February 23, 2015

I Get Kicked Out of Temporary Housing So You Don't Have To ...

You guys. Remember this post. Well, like most things in my life, it's come back to bite me in the ass. Butt!! I mean, I had really good reason for that post because RIGHT NOW as I am typing, there's a tap dance rendition of 50 Shades of Grey - Whore Edition going on. The key is ... am I complaining about it? Have we taken the time out of our day to call and complain about the obvious noise, that wakes me up at 5 am every day and I can still hear as I am falling asleep at 11:30 pm every night? No.

We had a knock on our door this morning by the property person (not a manager) that we were again being loud and, since we obviously ignored the first request of stop being too loud, are now being served a piece of paper that said if we didn't comply we have 24 hours to vacate.

Problems with property person and their notice, in three parts:
One, we never received the first notice. We told this to douchebag property person and got the response, that's not our problem. Well, acccccctually. It is. Becauuuuuuuse, you're telling us that we are ignoring a request we didn't know about; and then you're telling us that the next action is vacate. Two, the person told us that we were being especially loud during the early morning and late evening hours. I totally understand that this is annoying, if we were doing that. Mike, Matthew, and I are up at 6:30 am, the girls sleep soundly until we leave for taking Matthew to school at 7:15 am. We don't get back til 9 am. In the evening, the kids are sound asleep by 7:30 pm/8:00 pm at the latest. Obvious solution? Mike and I are very tempted to get some tap shoes. Three, he wouldn't tell us who filed the complaint or where their unit was located. This is important for a few reasons - if the person across the hall or even beneath us is hearing noise at early morning and late evening hours they could easily be hearing Heard O' Ho's. Another reason, it's basically stating that due to hearsay, we could be evicted.

Property person was suuuuuper helpful with a solution: call the company. The company is the company my husband's company uses to get relocated executives these sorts of properties. I took his super helpful advice and the company reassured us that the property person douchebag cannot kick us out in 24 hours notice and certainly can't do so without concrete proof. 

Is a family of five loud? Yes. Are toddlers loud? Yes. They have every right to play with their dolls and Matchbox cars. I cannot tell my 14 month old to walk softly. Like ... she won't listen. I am connnnnnstantly telling her not to touch her shit when I'm changing her poopy diaper. I promise you, she won't get walk softly. Are we loud from 8 pm to 9:15 pm and right now where it sounds like Herd o' Ho's playing soccer?!? Since 8 pm our apartment has been shaking. Seriously we are so getting tap shoes..

The sucky part of apartment living is that it sucks. Guys, Friday. Friday cannot come soon enough. 

No comments: