February 11, 2015

That time where the kids were thriving but I was not ...

Today, I achieved the impossible. I managed to get stranded inside Target.

You're thinking right now: Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's my dream. I'm jealous!

Not in broad daylight with three kids - one of which is cutting six teeth - you're not. 

How does this happen? Well. It happens when you let said teething child, nom nom nom on your keys because otherwise the world is ending. It happens somewhere between the parking lot where you are trying desperately to not have your children become pancakes and aisle number I DON'T KNOW WHERE ANYTHING IS and OMG the screaming, teething baby. It happens after you have paid for groceries (including milk products and freezer items) are walking with your children to the car reach for your keys and they aren't there. It happens when you empty the contents of your diaper bag in the parking lot only to realize OH. F@#%$!!! Trust me. The impossible CAN happen. 

So, I picked up the contents of my diaper bag, trucked everyone back inside Target with our full cart and retraced my steps like 5.5 million times. Somewhere around time 3 million I did have the wherewithal to call my husband who has the only other keys to the car. We retraced my steps together and still no keys. Checked with Guest Services to no keys. After crying UNCLE we gave up and left my number with the lady at Guest Services. All we can do is hope that someone turns them in, or finds them or whatever. 

I did learn that sometimes when you are praying and asking God for a sign and saying please, please lead me to the keys because even YOU God can hear how loud this baby is crying. Even He says: 

Sorry. I don't have a Me Damned clue where they could be either. Good luck.

No comments: