May 18, 2011

Mother's Day

Never have I ever felt the need to back-peddle with appreciation as I do with my Mom.
Looking back I can fully admit that I was a pill/bitch/obnoxious ... and we have the home videos to prove it ... and she still loves me. Not only does she love ME, but she loves my husband and my Lovie and Baby Sister. That's true love right there.

When you hear everyone say "being a Mother is the hardest thing you will ever do," they are absolutely correct (note: the SATs come in a close second ... especially if you aren't a good test taker like me). No amount of advice from your own Mom, books, books on tape, videos, nurses, birth classes, etc. can prepare you for what your own experience is going to be like. And no matter how social you are and how many of you and your friends decided to have a "pregnancy pact" (bad idea if you are 14 and want a doll baby ... go to the store and buy an effing doll baby), it's very lonely at times. Adding to the loneliness are the Mom's who think that their children are angels all the time.

Point being - Motherhood is a hard job. Knowing that my Mom experienced everything and more that I have gone through so far with Lovie makes me appreciate her that much more.

To celebrate Mother's Day this year my husband and Lovie made me a delicious breakfast that consisted of an egg sandwich, then we went to Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden to look at all the beautiful flowers (and got a free plant in the process!), went to lunch at Mexico and then had my parents over for dinner. It was a great way to celebrate being a Mom. Here are some pictures from the beautiful Mother's Day we had:
Yes. I promise there is only one in there.
Aren't they cute!? My two loves.
I had never seen peonies before. I think I'm in love.
Peter Rabbit's house. Yes. THE Peter Rabbit.
I hope all the other Mommy readers had a good Mother's Day as well!!

2 comments:

meana said...

you look so beautiful in all those pics! love seeing you glowing and pregnant!

Angela Duni Parker said...

You are the sweetest ... glowing and sweaty ;)